October 20, 2020, 04:20:41 PM

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Per Ole

• DOGs
    • Steam Profile
Introduction
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:16 PM »
Greetings and hello to you all!
After having played a tiny bit of Red Dragon, I've decided that this game would be a lot more fun if I actually had someone to play with. Communication and teamwork is key in any serious strategy game, so I looked around on the official forums a bit and it seems that whenever someone asked about a proper clan to join, you guys here at Devious Old Gamers were recommended, so here I am.

I'm known as Per Ole, which is probably not that surprising considering my nickname. I'm a 24 year old student from Norway and I've been playing strategy games since I was a little kid. I played the original European Escalation quite a lot, didn't play Airland Battle that much and I only bought Red Dragon last week. It turns out I've forgotten quite a few things about the game, so playing with someone who knows what they're doing and can give me tips/corrections would of course be welcome.

While strategy games are by far my favorite, I do play other types of games as well. Anything from sitting in the command chair in Natural Selection 2, to flying spaceships in EVE online, or even just letting my brain relax a bit with some battlefield, I do it all. Because of this, there are only a very small number of games I'm actually really good at, because I play so many different ones (meaning I'm decent in most games, but not an expert). I'd really like Wargame: Red Dragon to be one of those games that I get good at.

My playing time varies a lot depending on my studies, but I usually have at least a couple of hours to play every day, quite often more. I use voice communication whenever possible because I find that it improves the teamplay, and it's always nice to talk to people.

So that's my little introduction! Feel free to ask anything at all.

Oh and I almost forgot; I grew up on a kennel, so I LOVE Dogs  ;D

Offline Noobdelux

• DOGs
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:13:43 AM »
Velkommen : ) sees på ts, pga feil på ram'en i pc'n får jeg bare spilt european escelation, payday og noen få andre.

Offline Morbius

• DOGs
  • Sleep is for the weak...
    • Steam Profile
    • Devious Old Gamers
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
Welcome aboard. Jump on TS, using the same nick so I can give you permissions there.

Offline john1981uk

• DOGs
  • Living where the brunettes out number the blondes
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
Noob! Bad Noob!!! We only speak Ingrish in this clan!
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Noobdelux

• DOGs
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:32 AM »
Thanks m8! Needed a laugh

Offline Per Ole

• DOGs
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »
For some reason, both this website and your ts seems to be down 90% of the time, so I can't connect to ts and talk to you guys :/ Got any backups or anything?

Offline john1981uk

• DOGs
  • Living where the brunettes out number the blondes
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 03:28:57 AM »
Really? I've not been having any problems.  Strange...
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Noobdelux

• DOGs
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 03:36:56 AM »
Weird

Offline Per Ole

• DOGs
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 03:44:43 AM »
Really? Because I can't connect to your normal teamspeak or your backup. Managed to get on the normal teamspeak, I think it was yesterday morning, but it was so early that there were no one there (one in afk room). I also get an error message when trying to visit this website most of the time, but right now it seems to be working (but ts isn't).

Offline Per Ole

• DOGs
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 06:48:51 AM »
Your teamspeak is still the one listed at your main page under community, right?

Offline Elder Forest

• DOGs
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »
Note the TS password is 10000 not 1000 - people have been known to get that wrong, just a suggestion.

Hope you manage to get on soon.
Semper in excrementum - solum profunditas variat (Always in the shit - only the depth varies)

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=30483&f=40